With my belly so big, the costume options were somewhat limited. I was pretty much looking at either being a pumpkin or a sumo wrestler, but Marty suggested that I could do a pretty convincing impression of his brother Brian. So I borrowed Marty's baseball coaching outfit and here are the results. I felt very gratified when I walked by Brian's 16-year-old son and he laughed and said, "Wow, you really look like my dad."
Obviously, Marty was a pirate. He'd been growing his beard out for about two months so it would be long enough. He was quite pleased with the result. I was quite pleased the next day when he shaved the whole thing off. I mean, the beard was fine, but he honestly looked about 10 years younger the minute he shaved.
Pregnancy is still going great! I'm getting lots of kicks (all in my right side), but still feeling very comfortable and I haven't been feeling too tired yet during the third trimester. Hopefully it will keep going smoothly until the baby actually arrives! My midwife says the baby is head-down with his or her back along my left side and the feet and hands on my right side. I can definitely feel the feet and hands working overtime bumping againt my right-side ribs!
3 comments:
Marcy, this is so exciting to watch! I love the whole blog idea. So you are waiting to find out the sex of the baby? You are my first friend who has done that...very exciting!!
l,megs
Yay!! Love the costume and glad to see the belly progress. Next year the pictures will include a little one. Hard to believe!
Marcy is clearly Marty because she is wearing #26 and I do not have a 16 year old son. Marty is just jealous because they would have won the costume contest if he was Lady Blythe instead of Captain Morgan.
Post a Comment