Monday, December 17, 2007

Fungo Arrives!!!



Fungo has arrived and requested a new name! Luke Douglas Luft made his minor league debut at 4:50 am Monday, December 17th! He is 6 lb. 12 oz. and about 19.5 inches long. So far, he's very tired and seems much more interested in sleeping and cuddling than crying and fussing. Marty says he's a keeper so it turns out we're not going to drop him off in the woods on the way home. He's got lots of dark hair and Aunt B says he has my nose. Right after birth, his left eye was stuck shut with goop, so here he is rocking his pirate look (What's Fungo's favorite letter of the alphabet? Arrrrgh!) and a couple hours later napping with daddy. We're all feeling fine and feeling grateful for a very smooth and comparatively very short labor.

9 comments:

Molly said...

Congratulations Marcy and Marty!!!!!!

He is adorable and I love the new official name, though in my heart of hearts I hope Fungo sticks as a nickname :)

I love you both and can't wait to meet Luke
Molly O

Alissa said...

Congratulations! I love him already! I can't wait to see more pics!

Katie and Yemi said...

Congrats!!! We are so very happy for you all and will celebrate with lots of drink on this end. Malloy thinks he's cute. Marcy you rock and are totally my hero! Enjoy the glow and we can't wait for more pics.
xoxo Yemi, Katie and Malloy

Karen said...

Marcy and Marty we are so happy for you! Luke looks beautiful. We can't wait to meet him! Lots of love, Karen and Rick

Mary O' said...

Outstanding work, Marcy and Marty! Love the alliteration of the name...Luke Luft. It just rolls off the tongue...Love you all. Mary O'

Mary O' said...

ps--Dan-o wants to know if Marty has taught Luke how to play euchre yet, Minnesota rules, of course. He also thinks Luke Luft could be a character in the Superman series...Lana Lang...Lex Luthor...Lois Lane...Luke Luft.

dapolishprincess said...

LD aka lil' dude can be po jo's opening act. seriously though, i'm so happy he's here and promise to toast every drink i put down this weekend in his honor.

Parkhurst Fam said...

Wow! Good work Marcy and Marty. Little Luke looks wonderful and I can see that Daddy is settling into his new role. I can't wait to hear all the details and meet the little love! Bee sends kisses.
Love,
Meg, Brendan, and Bronwyn

Alex Munns said...

This is wonderful. (Though it sucks that Luke is born this close to Christmas -- people are always skimpy when it comes to one gift for Christmas and birthday. I'm sure you'll treat him right.)
Congratulations, Marty and Marcy. He looks like a beautiful boy. I hope that someday he does something to re-earn the nickname Fungo.
Lots of love and praise from South Afirca,
Alex